- Salary package from $126,229 - $148,546 p.a. (HEW 10), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Join the Group Marketing leadership team
Macquarie University is seeking a strategic Director, Events and Domestic Protocol to lead the development and implementation of a range of high-quality events and protocol support. This role is crucial to supporting our objectives, through increasing engagement levels and the reputation of the University.
Sitting within the Group Marketing leadership team, you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. You will oversee a team of 15 events and protocol specialists with 8 direct reports who you will confidently motivate and drive high levels of performance through.
You will be a well-respected, strategic thinker who has excellent executive level stakeholder management experience. You will be adaptable, embrace change and have a strong ability to lead a team.
You will consult with internal and external stakeholders to fully assess the current protocol and event suite and use your influencing skills to inspire innovative ways of delivering events and protocol strategy throughout the University. You will be experienced utilising events as a marketing engagement strategy and focused on leading a successful events team.
Group Marketing manage and promote the University’s brand, reputation and achievements. It supports the University in delivering programs that differentiate the University’s brand and drive growth in our domestic and international market across all student cohorts.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Degree or equivalent extensive experience in events management, business administration or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large, high performing team within tight delivery timeframes and high client expectations.
- Proven ability to take a strategic approach in developing and implementing complex event calendars and plans that support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing innovative large events as a marketing and engagement channel.
- Demonstrated confidence in influencing stakeholders up to executive level.
- Proven ability to effectively prevent and mitigate risks.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-work and communication skills including conflict resolution and issue management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic protocols as they relate to government, industry and higher education
- Experience with budget management and interpretation of financial reports.
To view more information about the role, please see the position description below.
General Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Wednesday 23 January 2019 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University, 58 Waterloo Road office
Position Description: Director, Events & DP_PD.pdf
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.