- Salary Package: $48.39 per hour (Casual HEW 5 Step 1), plus 9.5% employers superannuation.
- Appointment Type: Casual, 20-35 hours per week.
We are currently seeking an experienced Insurance and Finance Admin Support reporting to the Executive Assistant of the Director of Risk and Assurance. You will enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, delivering administrative functions with a strong focus on quality, service and timeliness to ensure the smooth running of the administrative functions for Insurance, Finance and the Return to work disciplines.
You will be a great multi-tasker with the ability to juggle many tasks at the one time. You will intuitively have a high level of attention to detail, the ability to adapt to new systems and excellent computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook. As this is a customer service role it will be important for you to be empathetic and to have the ability to quickly build and maintain relationships at all levels.
The Risk and Assurance Department supports the University in achieving its goals through working with our people and external stakeholders to understand the uncertainty in delivering against objectives, initiatives and designing and implementing strategies to either eliminate or limit a risk or reinforce our performance to realise opportunity. The Risk and Assurance Department consists of 6 focus areas: Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit, Compliance, Insurance, Health and Safety and Return to Work.
To be considered for this position, applicants are asked to provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria below and attach their curriculum vitae.
- Finance knowledge to assist with budget reconciliation and management of purchase orders and invoices
- General Insurance and Workers Comp knowledge including claims management would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Strong time management, organisational and general administrative skills including with MS Office, Outlook and the ability to learn new systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including preparation of correspondence (insurance confirmation letters), documentation, presentations as well as minute taking.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Administrative Assistant.pdf
Specific Role Enquiries: Jackie Jenkins, Executive Assistant on email@example.com or 9850 8169 or Maggie Feng, Insurance Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9850 1683.
General Recruitment Enquiries: Samantha Poulos, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday, 22 January 2019 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.