- Salary Package: Associate Professor (Level D) from $152,378 to $167,607 or Professor (Level E) from $186,809 to $195,640 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
- Exciting opportunity in an innovative and progressive environment
Our Department of Chiropractic is seeking an outstanding individual with the vision, capability and capacity to take on a leadership role in the discipline of Anatomy in the Department of Chiropractic.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths across musculoskeletal research programs, Anatomy teaching streams, have undertaken reviews of current teaching curriculum, and successfully delivered key Anatomy units/courses. The successful candidate will have evidence of high-level academic leadership in research, successful research collaboration, a strong track record of peer reviewed publications, and will have attracted significant competitive research funding. The successful appointee will promote the department and faculty within the academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally, as well as contribute to the Faculty’s teaching, research, program development and service at a national and international level.
To succeed in this important leadership position, you will be an outstanding individual with proven academic leadership and expertise across a range of scholarships relating to discovery, integration, teaching, application, leadership and citizenship.
You will have a sustained level of academic achievement and high performance in anatomy and musculoskeletal research. You will be an eminent authority and leader in your field, and your dedication and expertise will have translated into real world outcomes and benefits to the community at large. You will have developed innovative and impactful approaches to teaching in both the classroom and online learning environments.
Your scientific networks will illustrate your ability to work collaboratively with leading scientists across sectors and disciplines. Your successful track record of attracting competitive research funding through industry or government sources, and your collaborative and collegial approach to working with others, will enable you to perform effectively across different sectors to solve important problems that our world faces.
Your will be aligned with Macquarie University’s longstanding commitment of advancing equity and diversity principles. Your proven track record of developing trust, building commitment, modelling core university values and fostering an environment of collaboration, innovation and excellence will enable you to succeed in this role.
The Department of Chiropractic delivers a highly successful, evidence-based and accredited teaching program that educates students in the clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic skills required for registration as a chiropractor. The Department, program and staff have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and aim to continuously improve and refresh their approach to teaching. The Department has a strong commitment to a musculoskeletal research program, as well as service to the profession and the community. For further information about the Department of Chiropractic, please click here.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Macquarie’s research strengths ranging from biological, environmental and clinical sciences, to philosophy, will do much to address some of the most pressing global issues including food security, climate change, hearing loss, chronic diseases and medical ethics. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position candidates must submit as part of their application, a separate document responding to the selection criteria below:
- PhD in Anatomy or a relevant discipline and outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in a relevant discipline as evidenced by ongoing impactful peer reviewed publications in top tier journals;
- Professional expertise in the field of Anatomy;
- Demonstrated academic leadership, including experience as a leader of research teams and teaching teams;
- A proven record of excellent achievement in teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- A strong and successful track record in attaining nationally competitive research funding, including industry and government funding;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within university systems, committee and board structures including participating in the intellectual life and administration of the department, faculty and university levels;
- Demonstrated track record of building trust, nurturing, supporting, mentoring and ensuring the professional development of academic and professional staff.
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to undertake leadership and administrative responsibility at a senior level, including deputising for the Head of Department when required;
- Clear leadership by way of active service and contribution to University strategy and business
As this is a re-advertisement of this position, there is no need for applicants to reapply.
Appointment Type: Full-time, Continuing
Enquiries: Rosemary Giuriato, Head of Department and Director of Clinics via e-mail or phone firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9850 6992
Applications Close: Sunday, 3 November 2019 at 11.55pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.