- Salary Package: Senior Lecturer (Level C) from $126,879 to $145,912 p.a., plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
Seeking a Senior Lecturer to lead the development of short educational courses in the areas of health and medical leadership, health systems, leading change within the healthcare sector, and healthcare management. These short educational courses will be offered as professional development opportunities for clinicians (medical, nursing and health professions) and aspiring or existing managers within the healthcare sector, either as stand-alone training modules or micro-credentialed for credit to enable graduation from a suite of post-graduate programs in health leadership to be established within the Faculty (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Health Leadership). The Faculty has strong educational expertise, and the applicant will be expected to participate in educational research and scholarship that positions Macquarie as a leader in the delivery of innovative health and medical education.
Depending upon the disciplinary background of the successful applicant, the role will be appointed within one of the Faculty’s academic Departments, and report to the relevant Head of Department. Mentorship for the role from senior staff within the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI) will be provided and overall academic governance of all the Faculty’s educational offerings will be provided by the Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching. The role will collaborate with the Macquarie Business School to leverage off their teaching expertise and academic assets in relevant areas of leadership and management and will work closely with the MQ Health Executive to undertake market analysis to design a suite of courses that will not only best serve MQ Health objectives to develop the leadership capabilities internally but also have broader market appeal.
You will have a background and experience in health leadership education or training and/or executive management or leadership with a significant understanding or experience of the Australian healthcare system and preferably some understanding of healthcare systems in South-East Asia or neighbouring regions. In addition, you will possess a proven record of demonstrating effective and innovative approaches to professional learning including achieving high levels of student or participant satisfaction and other indicators of high quality learning and teaching.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what’s possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale. The Faculty forms part of MQ Health, an integrated academic health sciences enterprise which incorporates Macquarie University Hospital and primary and speciality clinics. We have active research programs in neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. Our Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI), an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health and patient safety.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate 2-3 page cover letter addressing the selection criteria, interest and suitability for the role:
- Tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following fields education, a health profession, medicine, a social science-related discipline, or health management including a PhD in a health-related, leadership, management or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of units or courses in leadership, and/or executive education, professional development or leadership training
- Demonstrable experience in delivering education and/or training to medical or other health care professionals
- Demonstrable experience in leading a cross-functional team to work collaboratively in delivering a project successfully
- A research track record as evidenced by scholarly publications
- Experience with innovative approaches to teaching and learning including blended learning, the use of educational technology, or portfolio assessment (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in conducting market or needs analysis and designing a solution to address those needs (desirable).
Enquiries: Professor Patrick McNeil, Executive Dean, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Samantha Rego at email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday, 18 June 2019 at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.