Job no: 506209
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: HEW 2 - $37.62 per hour, plus employer’s superannuation guarantee
- Appointment Type: Casual
- Macquarie University (North Ryde and Sydney CBD campus) location
Macquarie University Business School has a number of employment opportunities for Casual Computing Demonstrators to support the running and maintenance of computing laboratories, student/staff spaces and to assist staff and students with general IT and Location inquiries.
Positions will be located in our IT Services Unit (ITSU) and will report to the IT Services Manager. To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work a minimum of two shifts per week and be prepared to work at the North Ryde and Sydney CBD campuses. If you feel that you have the ability to assist ITSU in this domain, please consider this opportunity.
Key accountabilities within this role include:
- Assisting staff and students with IT-related request and issues and general queries regarding the location;
- Maintaining IT/AV and general equipment in MQBS Computing, Teaching and Ancillary Spaces, including timely replacement of consumables, refreshing Standard Operating Environment (SOE) and reporting major failures; and
- Overseeing staff and student activities to ensure that the facilities are only used for the purpose of which they are intended, and in accordance with University and MQBS IT policies.
In addition to being able to work at both the North Ryde and Sydney CBD campuses, candidates must submit as part of their application, a separate document responding to the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
- Strong experience in providing excellent customer service
- Proven experience in scheduling and completing tasks
- Proven understanding of teamwork and how to engage effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, internet and email
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be included on the Eligibility List and contacted directly where there is an opportunity for employment. Inclusion on the Eligibility List does not imply that employment is guaranteed. Please note that by providing an Expression of Interest for these positions, you agree that your details may be placed on our database for a period of 12 months.
General Enquiries: Raunak Naik, Senior Demonstrator - IT, ITSU on firstname.lastname@example.org
Macquarie University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as LGBTIQ+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now