- Extensive experience in leading and ensuring the quality of the educational programs for the English Language Centre
- Salary Package: From $128,754 - $151,517p.a. (Level 10, Band 1), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, Ongoing
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced ELICOS Associate Director, Learning and Teaching to join the English Language Centre (ELC). This is an exciting opportunity to join our large fast-paced ELICOS centre, where best practice pedagogy and action research are highly valued.
Reporting to the Director MUIC & ELC, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, scope and development, implementation, delivery, and review of the ELC’s programs. You will be responsible for leading the educational ELC’s day-to-day operations of the ELC and will play a pivotal role in running this established, award-winning centre. You will lead a team of highly professional and experienced individuals who have a strong focus on delivering the highest quality English language experience in a University setting.
As the successful candidate, you will have a strong track record leading and developing senior teachers. You will have postgraduate qualifications and extensive experience across a broad range of areas including educational design; curriculum development; teacher evaluation; and student assessment methodologies and systems.
This is an exciting time to join Macquarie English Language Centre (ELC), the University’s English language provider. The ELC is almost 30 years old and is well-respected for its quality provision and range of specialised Direct Entry programs. The Centre has won numerous national industry awards in recent years and is highly engaged in the ELICOS sector. In 2018, the ELC integrated with Macquarie University’s International College (MUIC), which provides Foundation and Diploma programs to prepare international and domestic students for success in Macquarie’s undergraduate degree programs.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
Macquarie is a University engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below and address the nominated position you are applying for:
- Postgraduate qualification in Education (or similar) and extensive teaching experience in ELICOS and/or higher education.
- Extensive theoretical knowledge of, and experience in, the design and implementation of programs, curricula and assessment within the ELICOS context or similar.
- Experience of developing and implementing learning and teaching quality and standards frameworks in an ELICOS context.
- Extensive experience in the development of assessment methodologies and systems, including knowledge of software and technology.
- Experience managing teaching staff and demonstrated ability to build and manage a high performing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the development and use of teacher evaluation assessments and management of teacher records.
- A working knowledge of the regulatory environment, standards and governance associated with the delivery of ELICOS.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: PD Associate Director Learning and Teaching ELC
Specific Role Enquiries: Pamela Humphreys, Director, MUIC & ELC email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Sarah Bate, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 July 2019 11:55pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.