- Join our dedicated and passionate Advancement team
- Help turn ideas into world changing research
- Salary from $103,223 - $114,870 (HEW 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
We are seeking an experienced and professional Prospect Research Specialist to research, analyse and source prospect opportunities to support the University’s fundraising activities.
Your expertise will be critical to the success of our philanthropic and alumni relations goals, maximising the impact of our Advancement team’s work.
At Macquarie, we know that when we all work together, we multiply our ability to achieve remarkable things. You are an important addition to that.
You will have exceptional research and analytical skills, matched with an ability to build positive working relationships. Within your experience in fundraising, ideally within the higher education sector, you have a track record of building a pipeline of prospect donors.
You will maintain a high level of quality and integrity in your work, as well as managing sensitive information with absolute discretion. You are passionate about your work, and have an ability to work effectively both both reactively and proactively.
Join us at Macquarie and multiply your potential for success. That’s you to the power of us.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Demonstrated skill and experience in prospect identification, research and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, preferably in the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated skill building and managing relationships with key stakeholders, including influencing donors.
- Demonstrated ability developing processes and protocols for obtaining and managing prospect data
- Demonstrated skill and experience in writing prospect profiles and other written reports.
A criminal history check will be required for this position.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Anne Webster – Director, Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell – HR Consultant at email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday 27 September 2019 at 11.55pm (AEST)
Position Description: Prospect Research Specialist_8_Advancement.pdf
Location: Macquarie University, 58 Waterloo Road Office
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.