- Salary Package: Level D from $152,378 to $167,607 p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are inviting outstanding applicants for a continuing academic position in Software Engineering at the level of Associate Professor. The successful candidate will take a leading role in the teaching in Software Engineering and Software Technology programs and contribute to our strong research program in this area. The successful candidate will also contribute to the administrative and other academic activities within the Department of Computing and liaise with the School of Engineering with regards to our Software Engineering programs. For more information please visit www.comp.mq.edu.au/
The Department of Computing aims to elevate the international standing of scientific and technological research that is already well established at Macquarie University, with particular emphasis on any or all of the following frontier areas of Software Engineering:
- Software Development
- Software Verification
- Software Engineering Processes
- Software Analysis and Tools
- Software Metrics
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
The Department of Computing is the home of close to 40 academic staff and more than 120 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduates and postgraduate coursework students. The department offers a broad range of cutting edge undergraduate and postgraduate courses and enjoys a strong research ethos.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach to their application a separate document responding to the selection criteria below with their curriculum vitae:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Software Engineering or a related discipline;
- Outstanding record of ongoing research and scholarly publishing and an active research program and/or experience in industry-collaborative research;
- Capacity to inspire a broader research effort in allied research groups;
- Demonstrated successful management of an extensive research program, and recognition as a leading authority at international level;
- Demonstrated record of successful supervision of research students with strong completion outcomes;
- Proven leadership role in undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching in software engineering;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with students, staff, industry and the community;
- Academic/professional experience and interests that relate to the research focus of software engineering;
- Outstanding record of attracting research grants and/or industry support.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Michael Sheng, Head of Department, Computing on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9850 9514
General Recruitment Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 17th November 2019 at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.