- Salary Package: from $120,248 to $127,001 p.a. (Level 9), plus 17% employer’s Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Fixed term, up to 2 years
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Macquarie University’s High Performance Integrated Circuit (HPIC) Laboratory within the School of Engineering, Macquarie University requires a senior engineering MMIC design professional to lead the production and manufacturing side of its research efforts. The role will oversee the delivery of engineering designs from concept to ‘fit for purpose’ production.
The successful candidate will lead and drive the MAD Lab project team ensuring that project deliverable milestones are met within timeframes and budget; lead the progression of engineering designs from concept to production including design, manufacturing, testing, pre-production validation and datasheet preparation; innovate as a teechnology leader, pushing the state-of-the-art in the context of engineering in industry - specific areas of leadership include MMIC design, IC packaging and assembly, RF/microwave measurement, and EDA/CAD tools.
You will have experience working in analog circuit design or microwave/millimetre-wave compound semiconductor IC design. You will be persevering despite obstacles to ensure tasks are completed, responding effectively to unexpected or changing circumstances. You will assume responsibility for making decisions and delivering agreed outcomes whilst making a positive impression on others in a range of interpersonal contexts. You will maintain confidentiality, discretion and professionalism at all times.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the Selection Criteria below in a separate document or covering letter and upload the document as part of the application process with their curriculum vitae.
- An engineering masters degree and 3+ years industry experience or bachelors degree and 10+ years industry experience in developing and delivering bespoke RF/microwave integrated circuits;
- Extensive experience working in analog circuit design and microwave/millimetre-wave compound semiconductor IC design (MMIC design);
- Experience in designing and prototyping RF/microwave related engineering circuits such as receivers and transmitters;
- Significant experience leading a team of technical specialists to deliver highly complex and specialised analogue engineering projects
- Demonstrated experience in developing, managing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in identifying and exploiting research and funding opportunities
- Experience using simulation/design tools: Microwave office/AWR, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO, Sonnet, Analyst, DraftSight and AutoCAD
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Mike Heimlich at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 22nd September 2019 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.