- Salary Package: HEW Level 7, from $93,986 to $101,901 p.a., plus 17% employer's Superannuation
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies within the Faculty of Arts has an opportunity for an experienced Technical Officer to provide expert technical expertise, training and support in specialised screen production facilities and equipment. Reporting directly to the Production Facilities Manager, you will also maintain the reliable operation of the Department’s screen production facilities, systems and technologies including studios, editing and grading rooms, computer laboratories and related screen production equipment.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain screen production facilities, computer laboratories and related post-production technology and equipment. You will have prior experience working with a broad range of professional screen production equipment in a studio and on location, teaching and demonstrating practical aspects of screen production and developing maintenance plans for the studio facilities within the department. You will have a strong professional service focus and be able to actively demonstrate the values of the Faculty of Arts Professional Services Charter; teamwork, excellence, service, and innovation.
The Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies offers media creatives, musicians, filmmakers and performers the opportunity to explore media and cultural theory and practice, which prepares them for a life in the media, communication and creative industries.
The Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies exists within the Faculty of Arts at Macquarie University and is united in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery. Our research is supported by world class production facilities and ensure that research projects are often embedded into creative practice, merging creation with documentation, analysis and dissemination deliver insights that improve our collective understanding.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please provide your resume and a short 1-2 page cover letter that addresses the selection criteria:
- A relevant degree and/or extensive prior work experience in the technical and operational aspects of screen production.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using professional screen production technologies including studio & location lighting, camera & camera support systems, and screen audio recording & mixing systems (such as Arri Alexa and Sony FS7 and FS5 Cameras, and Arri L7 and SkyPanel Lighting equipment).
- Demonstrated knowledge of screen production editing and grading software (such as Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve) and demonstrated experience working with them to design and implement production and postproduction workflows.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using network media storage and archiving systems, such as Avid Nexis media storage system and SDNA tape archiving system
- Experience demonstrating or teaching practical aspects of screen production
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to download and view the position description.
Enquiries: Sally Langford, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 3rd November 2019 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.