Research Integrity Administrator
Job no: 506531
Work type: Part Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: from $72,473 – $82,399 pro-rata (HEW Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Part-time (2 days per week), continuing (with potential for a third day).
The successful applicant will work closely with the Research Integrity Office to respond to enquiries from researchers and staff across the university while providing comprehensive administrative and project support to the Research Integrity Officer and the Director, Research Ethics and Integrity.
There will be opportunities for the successful applicant to gain insight into complex integrity matters and investigations, while also drawing on their administrative and coordination experience to provide support for investigative panels and training facilitators. The opportunity to establish and improve administrative processes and to participate in integrity-related project work will also be key components of this role.
This position will suit a proactive and motivated professional with excellent attention to detail, mature judgement, and a commitment to the highest standards of service. You will be a team player, quality focused and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The Ethics and Integrity Team assist Macquarie University to achieve its research goals by ensuring that research conducted at the University:
- meets requirements relating to human and animal research ethics
- meets high standards of integrity in complying with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research and the Macquarie University Code for the Responsible for the Responsible Conduct of Research
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate document addressing the selection criteria below.
- Demonstrated experience working in administration, preferably within a research or research-related function or organisation
- Experience in minute taking and providing comprehensive administration support
- Demonstrated experience in planning and/or implementing documentation management processes and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated service focus when dealing with and resolving customer enquiries
- A strong track record in ensuring quality, accuracy and attention to detail while working across multiple channels, tasks and activities
- Demonstrated commitment to discretion and maintaining confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues or material
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills including an ability to plan and set priorities in order to efficiently handle a varied workload
- Experience in a legal or ethics environment will be highly regarded
For further information about the role please see the position description below.
Position Description: Research Integrity Administrator.pdf
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Shannon Smith, Research Integrity Officer via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 1031
General Recruitment Enquiries: Letitia Poile, HR Officer – email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday, 22 September 2019 at 11.55 pm AEDT
You will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now