Job no: 506538
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: From $93,986 to $101,901 (HEW 7) p.a. plus 9.5% super
- Appointment Type: Full-time, (35 hours/week), fixed term contract for 12 months
Reporting to the GLP Manager, and with the Program positioned within the University’s Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework, you will be experienced in the coordination of student activities and experiences, preferably within the tertiary education sector. This includes demonstrated experience in working with range of internal and external stakeholders, including students, to develop and deliver effective program outcomes. Your operational and administrative experiences will demonstrate effective program management skills, including driving successful program outcomes and performance.
The multi award-winning Global Leadership Program (GLP) is an extracurricular program, fully funded by the University and open to any enrolled Macquarie student. The program is designed to equip Macquarie graduates with cross-cultural competencies, an understanding of international issues, practical experience and community engagement through a series of workshops, keynote events and experiential activities. A record of successful completion of the program is included on students’ official transcripts at graduation.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Knowledge of contemporary global issues together with demonstrated understanding of the concepts of leadership, globalisation and professional skills
- Sound understanding of project and events management principles and practices, together with practical experience
- Significant experience in the co-ordination of administrative and client services and in building a strong service-based team culture
- Considerable experience in building relationships with a wide range of key internal and external stakeholders and influencing their decision making
- High level interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to coach team members
- Experience in, and understanding of, the tertiary education sector and management of program/s or projects within this sector.
Position Description: GLP Coordinator 2019 PD.pdf
Enquiries: Anneke Rowe Courtemanche, Global Leadership Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 9850 7396
Applications Close: Sunday, 22nd September 2019 at 11:55pm
Location: North Ryde, Macquarie Park
This position requires a criminal record check.
This position requires criminal record and qualifications checking.
Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a Working with Children Check Clearance.
This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with Macquarie University health requirements and requires a current and valid Working with Children Check Clearance for NSW. You may also have to satisfy Macquarie University that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now