- Remuneration: HEW 3, $39.50 p/hr
- Appointment type: Casual
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Macquarie Business School (MQBS) has a number of opportunities for Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Facilitators.
Applications are invited from current students enrolled in MQBS programs to lead groups of up to 20 students in PAL sessions in 2020. These roles will be undertaken under the supervision of the PAL Coordinator/Supervisor.
Positions are available in the following units:
ACCG100: Accounting in Society
ACCG101: Accounting and Governance
ACCG200: Management Accounting
ACCG224: Financial Accounting and Reporting
ACCG250: Information Systems and Business Processes
ACST101: Finance 1A
ACST201: Financial Modelling
AFIN102: Finance 1B
AFIN253: Financial Management
BBA102: Principles of Management
BUSL251: Business and Corporations Law
ECON110: Macroeconomic Principles
ECON111: Microeconomic Principles
ECON203: Microeconomics Analysis
MKTG101: Marketing Fundamentals
MKTG202: Marketing Research
ACCG611: Principles of Accounting
ACST603: Principles of Finance
Only apply if you satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Current enrolment in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Macquarie Business School at Macquarie University
- Achievement of a Distinction or High Distinction grade in the nominated unit listed above during your studies at Macquarie University
- Maintain an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (on the 4.0 grade scale) or 5.25 (on the 7.0 grade scale)
- Completion of at least 24 credit points for an undergraduate degree and completion of 9 credit points for a postgraduate degree by end of 2019
- Must be available for compulsory 14 hours (2 days) training in late Feb 2020 (date TBC – usually during O Week)
- Must be enrolled at MQ in 2020 for the entire year without any plans for exchange programs or internships. Applicants must state their expected graduation date in their cover letter
Selection Criteria (must outline all points below in your cover letter – limit of 2 pages – attach latest transcript as a separate document):
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to other students and have a variety of life and work experiences
- Have a positive outgoing attitude with a commitment to excel
- Have an understanding of Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) objectives
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Have the ability to work effectively without supervision and as part of a team
- Responds positively to feedback and guidance
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be entered onto the MQBS PAL Facilitator Database and will be contacted directly where there is an appropriate match of their skill base, disciplinary background, availability, and demand. Inclusion in the database does not imply that employment is guaranteed.
For further information regarding the responsibilities of the position, please view the position description.
PAL Facilitator PD HEW3.pdf
Enquiries: For further information about this position please contact Ammy Kwong on email@example.com
For information about PAL program, please visit: https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/peer-assisted-learning
Recruitment assistance resources:
Applications Close: For sessions commencing in 2020 applications will close on 29th of September 2019.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.