- Salary Package: From $66,467 to $71,637 p.a. (HEW Level 4) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Part-time (3 days per week) fixed term position for 12 months (Parental Leave Cover)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
In Macquarie's newly established Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking an enthusiastic Administration Assistant to support the work of the Australian Lymphoedema Education, Research and Treatment (ALERT) program. The Administration Assistant will primarily support our busy education program but will also provide general administrative support across the whole program as needed. This role is based on site, at Macquarie University. While the working days for this position are flexible, you will need to either work Mondays or have the ability to work the occasional Monday for course set up.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
The successful candidate will be a conscientious, organised individual with excellent computer skills and an eye to detail. Key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Coordinate, monitor and record student registrations and payments.
- Respond to, or appropriately escalate, phone and email queries from students relating to ALERT courses and fees.
- Assist the Education Coordinator in the preparation and printing of course materials, liaising with patient participants where required and coordinating course venue and catering arrangements as well as liaising with corporate contacts regarding sponsorship opportunities and growing these relationships.
- Provide other administrative support across the program as required, including preparing meeting agendas, taking minutes, processing travel claims, arranging catering.
- Basic marketing skills, i.e posting to LinkedIn or Facebook and experience with mailouts.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate 1 to 2-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative role in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritise and complete a range of tasks to set deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in computer skills including MS Office, (particularly Word, Powerpoint and Excel), internet and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to manage payments, including creation of invoices and tracking and reconciling payments received.
- Demonstrated ability to work both cooperatively in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability in event management – able to follow and complete event checklists and event preparation with minimal supervision
- (Desirable) Experience of working in either an education or health setting.
- (Desirable) General knowledge of breast cancer and lymphoedema.
Note: This position requires a criminal record check.
Specific Role Enquiries: Andrea Mangion, Lecturer at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Gurnoor Dhillon, HR Administrator at email@example.com
Close: Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.