- Salary Package: From $83,478 to $92,146 (HEW Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Types: Full-time, continuing roles (x3)
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
An exciting opportunity for 3 Senior Technology Specialists to join the IT - Client Services team in this fast-paced and challenging technical role to deliver highly skilled Audio-visual (AV) and technology services to staff and students, as well as to support University projects, events and functions.
You will be responsible for providing on-site installation, configuration, upgrade and testing of new equipment; assisting with the management of AV services and relocation projects; developing technical specifications and management of new AV hardware and related products; research and evaluate new AV products and services in alignment with our AV strategic plan and preparation of reports; maintaining relevant ITSM logs, inventories, documentation as well as updating and responding to client tickets; and managing escalation of faults to external vendors for repair and support.
This role will also engage directly with the clients in delivering training across the entire range of AV services. You will also coach and mentor other team members, and act as an escalation point for casual AV staff and the Service Desk team.
We are looking for highly skilled specialists in the provision of AV and desktop services, with sound understanding of integrated technology environment and the agility to provide support across different applications and systems in both AV & IT.
You can manage high volume workload to meet multiple deadlines and have excellent written and verbal communications skills with success in engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
The central IT function comprises 6 focus areas that provide leadership and expertise support in Design and Innovation; Enterprise Cloud and Infrastructure Renewal; Services and Enhancements; Internal Partnership and Shaping; Delivery; and specific ICT offering to support and shape MQ Health’s information architecture, user engagement and productivity.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that addresses the following selection criteria:
- Providing specialist technical services across a range of environments, including AV support, with the ability to support a range of other technologies (such as desktop services and different applications and systems).
- Experience with supporting Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Office, Active Directory and Cloud Services, and Crestron software and hardware technologies.
- Knowledge of networking architecture, protocols and understanding of fundamental IT terminology.
- Effectively planning and executing work to deliver timely and quality client-focused services, while working collaboratively with team members and related areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors.
- Coaching and mentoring team members, and delivering client training, with ability to communicate technical concepts in a range of contexts and to diverse audiences.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: PD_Senior Technology Specialist.pdf
Role Specific Enquiries: Swinder Sandhu, Desktop Support Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Lizzy Nguyen, HR Officer via email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.