- Salary: from $103,233 - $114,870 (HEW 8) + 9.5% super and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term contract until January 2021 (parental leave cover)
- Location: Macquarie University, 58 Waterloo Rd Offices
This is an exciting fixed term role until January 2021 within our Events team, as we look to review and improve our current event communications capability. You will be responsible for managing the review, implementation and ongoing delivery of our event management platform.
Reporting to the Director, Events, you will also develop and oversee the implementation of event communication strategies and plans. Striving for continuous improvement, you will review and measure success the of our event performance, effectiveness and audience engagement.
You will have proven experience developing and managing strategic communications plans for events, as well as being highly competent at both developing engaging and audience appropriate content, and coaching others in this space.
You will be focused and experienced in optimising CRM platforms to ensure they are utilised effectively, delivering great communication outcomes for events and a positive user experience.
The Events team develop, manage and produce a range of events to enable engagement and socialising, provide information or award and congratulate staff. The events contribute to the University's image and reputation, encourage participation within the University, engage the wider community, showcase the University to external stakeholders and foster Macquarie's reputation for research.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that addresses the following selection criteria:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications or related field;
- Developing and managing strategic communication plans.
- Management or ability to use content management systems, as well as desktop design and publishing applications and HTML coding (preferred).
- Proven ability to interpret and deliver on client briefs.
- Developing engaging content.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
For further information, please view the position description below.
Position Description: Events Content & CRM Manager PD.pdf
Specific Role Enquiries: Natalie Chloupek, Events Content & Protocol Manager at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 15 December 2019 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.