- Salary Package: from $103,914 - $122,947 p.a. (Level B), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term for five years
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
- Commencement Date: Early 2020
The Department of International Studies is seeking a Lecturer and Director of the Croatian Studies Program to work on a full-time basis to lead the discipline of Croatian Studies. This role will sit in the Teaching and Leadership job family and the appointee will be expected to:
- Develop, teach and convene units in Croatian language and culture at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Conduct outreach and external engagement
- Make an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise
- Be responsible for the Croatian Studies Centre at Macquarie University including its substantial research collection housed in the Department of International Studies
- Coordinate and lead the activities of other staff, as appropriate to the discipline of Croatian Studies
- Assist with administration for students undertaking Croatian Studies
You will be a highly motivated academic with a PhD in a relevant field of Croatian Studies. You will have experience teaching and convening units in Croatian language and culture studies and using technologies associated with blended learning to ensure students are successfully learning Croatian at a tertiary level. You will have had experience in administering and evaluating internships in the context of language and culture studies. You will be able to collaboratively contribute to the ongoing success of the Department of International Studies and the Faculty of Arts at Macquarie University.
Within the Faculty of Arts, the Department of International Studies offers undergraduate and higher degree research study programs in a broad range of languages and cultures. The Department also offers a Bachelor of International Studies which includes language and culture study from a range of European and Asian languages, a choice of electives in history, politics and regional studies, as well as a semester abroad, providing students with an international outlook.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the center of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please submit your application online, including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the position (not more than 2 pages) and your resume.
- Native speaker equivalent competency of Croatian and English;
- PhD in a relevant field of Croatian language and/or cultural studies or other relevant area;
- Demonstrated experience in quality scholarship with a focus on Croatian Studies;
- Demonstrated success in teaching and/or convening units in Croatian language and culture studies at undergraduate level; experience with online delivery and associated learning technologies for both blended learning;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a collegial environment that fosters and supports the work of others.
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Jane Hanley, Interim Head of Department of International Studies on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Mal Sawley, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 20 December 2019 at 11:55pm (Eastern Standard Time, EST). It is anticipated that interviews for this position will be held during late January 2020.
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
This position requires qualifications checking.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.