Clinical Trials Assistant
Job no: 506967
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Research Assistant, Technical / Scientific Officer
- Entry level role with training provided
- Full time, fixed term position for 2 years
- From $66,467 to $71,637 p.a. (HEW 4), plus 17% employers superannuation and annual leave loading
The Clinical Trials Assistant (CTA) is an entry level position and training will be provided to enable the successful applicant to understand and support the Clinical Trials team. The broad and varied CTA role will work under the direction of the Clinical Trials Manager. Some of the key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Process, store and ship blood and urine samples collected from clinical trial patients
- Assist the trial team with taking temperatures, blood pressures and heart rates and potentially blood samples from clinical trial patients in the clinics
- Assist the trials team in the collection and maintenance of paperwork documenting the clinical trial according to strict regulations
- Maintain trial supply inventory and liaise with external vendors as instructed
- Support the team with administrative tasks including tracking and data entry
- Organise Clinical Trial team meetings and take minutes
You will be degree qualified in either a health or science related field and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will have a proven proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with a strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential patient data. If you have an interest in medical research and clinical trials and are seeking an entry level position to gain exposure into the field, then stop looking and apply now!
The Macquarie University Clinical Trials Program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences was set up in January 2013 to provide patients with opportunities to participate in the latest medical advances in cancer treatment. The Program has since continued to grow with upwards of 60 ongoing clinical trials into a range of therapeutic areas drawing from the University’s research centres and working closely with industry sponsors to deliver timely access to cutting-edge therapies. The Clinical Trials Program is strategically placed within a unique academic health environment co-located on campus, which encompasses Macquarie University Hospital (Australia’s only university-owned and operated hospital), private outpatient clinics and the medical research undertaken within the Faculty.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you meet the selection criterial below:
- Tertiary qualification in a health, or science discipline or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Proven proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines, adapt to a fast pace environment and be flexible with work hours and tasks
- Ability to work with confidential data and maintain patient privacy
- Experience working with biological samples (desirable).
- Knowledge of key medical terminology, clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines (desirable).
- Data entry and administration experience (desirable).
- Experience working in a scientific, medical or research environment (in a support capacity) (desirable).
- Venepuncture certification, working towards it or a willingness to obtain (desirable).
Enquiries: Nicola Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 24th November 2019
Note: This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with MQ University requirements. You may also have to satisfy Macquarie University that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now