The Macquarie Business School offers a range of undergraduate programs and employs casual academic staff to support the teaching of these programs. The Business School has, each year, employment opportunities for casual academic staff to tutor in its programs. Tutoring roles will be undertaken under the supervision of full time academic staff. Please consider this opportunity if you feel you have the ability to help prepare the next generation of business practitioners.
Expressions of Interest are invited from appropriately qualified professional people to take tutorial classes during day and/or evening sessions. Appointed casual academic staff are expected to assist with student consultation and the marking of unit assessments and examinations.
The Business School consists of six departments. The departments are currently inviting Expressions of Interest in the following subject areas:
Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Accounting Information Systems
- Blockchain Technology
- Business Law
- Corporation Law
- Data Analytics
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Crime
- Forensic Accounting
- Management Controls and Strategy
- Managerial Accounting
- Professional Ethics
- Taxation Law
Department of Applied Finance
- Applied Finance
- Environmental Finance
- Fin Tech
Department of Actuarial Studies and Business Analytics
- Actuarial Studies
- Business Analytics
- Introductory Level Financial Mathematics
Department of Economics
- Econometrics (Introductory/Intermediate/Advanced)
- Macroeconomics for an Inter-disciplinary Audience
- Microeconomics for an Inter-disciplinary Audience
Department of Management
- Demography/Population Studies
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Organisational Studies
Department of Marketing
- Sales Management and Personal Selling
- International Marketing
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Relationship Management
- Marketing Law
Details of units offered by the Departments can be found here.
To be considered for tutor positions, applicants must possess the following:
- An undergraduate degree (3 years +) or equivalent post graduate qualification relevant to their desired teaching discipline(s);
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others; and,
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with students.
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate:
- Tertiary level teaching experience
- Recent relevant industry experience
- Relevant professional qualifications such as CPA, CA or FIAA
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae or resume addressing, in clearly identified sections: academic qualifications; professional qualifications; industry experience/work history; and where applicable, teaching experience. Please ensure you complete all sections of the application form, including the selection criteria questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Where possible, please upload a copy of your academic transcript for your highest coursework degree.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) may be submitted at any time. Applicants will receive a response notifying them of the outcome generally within six weeks of submission. Successful EOIs will be kept on file, and may be considered by departments when a vacancy arises that is an appropriate match to their skill base, disciplinary background and availability. If you are being considered, you will be contacted by the relevant department. Neither having an EOI on file, or being considered for a vacancy, imply that employment is guaranteed. Please note that by providing an EOI for these positions, you agree that your details may be placed on file for a period of 24 months.
Appointment type: Casual
Remuneration: Remuneration is in line with the current Macquarie University Academic Staff Enterprise Agreement.
Role Enquiries: Elizabeth Bignucolo on email@example.com
For information about the Business School, please visit www.mq.edu.au/about/about-the-university/faculties-and-departments/business
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.