Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Organisational Psychology
Job no: 507122
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Teaching and Research, Academic - Sessional Teaching, Education/Training
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B) from $103,914 to $122,947p.a. or Senior Lecturer (Level C) from $126,879 to $145,912p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment type: Full time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain and develop an active externally funded research program, contribute to the teaching of Organisational Psychology at a postgraduate level, supervise research students from Honours to higher degree, and contribute to the administration of the Department and Faculty.
The level of appointment will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in Psychology. In addition to the below stated selection criteria, candidates with the ability to attract external funding for research, with a record of competitive grant success, will be considered favourably. Candidates with interest and ability to contribute to teaching psychological assessment within organisational contexts, and other areas of psychology will be highly competitive. We are also looking for candidates with experience (or interest) in interdisciplinary research and have a collegial work ethic. Eligibility for registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia is desirable.
The Department of Psychology at Macquarie University offers accredited undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Psychology to satisfy the requirements for registration as a psychologist. It is a research-intensive department that is home to the Centre for Emotional Health, and the Centre for Elite Performance, Expertise, and Training, and other highly productive research groups and laboratories, with a state-of-the-art simulation precinct. The Macquarie University Psychology Clinic, the Centre for Emotional Health Clinic, and e-Centre Clinic offer specialised psychological services to the general community.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate (2-page) letter that states which level of appointment you are applying for and demonstrates how you meet the relevant selection criteria for that level.
Lecturer (Level B) selection criteria:
Senior Lecturer (Level C) selection criteria:
- A PhD in organisational Psychology or a related discipline
- A well-articulated research agenda in an area of organisational psychology and a track record of publications in high-quality journals
- Demonstrated academic knowledge in the discipline of Organisational Psychology with evidence of a commitment and capability to deliver high-quality learning and teaching, including curriculum design and delivery and management of lectures, tutorials, and assessments
- Demonstrated experience with research student supervision
- Proven excellent communication skills, with an ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds and to represent the Department to external stakeholders and the general public
- Demonstrated experience to make a useful contribution to the academic life and administrative tasks of the Department with a track record of effective teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to attract external funding for research
- Experience in the development of ongoing partnerships with industry and/or professional bodies
The desirable criteria:
- Registration as a psychologist with AHPRA with endorsement for practice in the area of organisational psychology.
- Detailed knowledge of principles of psychological assessment and their application in organisational contexts.
- Research interests that complement those of the current organisational psychology team at Macquarie University.
Specific role enquiries: Professor Erik Reichle, Head of Department on email@example.com
General role enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9850-8352
Applications Close: Sunday 1st March 2020 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now