- Salary Package: From $95,866 - $103,939 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 13.25% employer superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Types: Full-time, fixed-term for 14 months
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
Human Resources at Macquarie University is seeking a suitably qualified HR Consultant to join our high performing team. Managing a client group, you will build strong partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders and be able to respond proactively in a complex and transformative environment.
Reporting to the HR Client Manager, you will provide a high level of advice and support to managers and staff on HR policy, procedures and processes, including selection, performance management processes and change management.
As an important part of the Human Resources team, your experience gained in a similar role will be essential in providing support and advice to managers, staff and candidates on HR policies and processes.
You are experienced in interpreting enterprise agreements and HR policies and using this knowledge to develop client focused solutions. You have a track record of being a trusted advisor to your clients through delivering high quality and reliable advice, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Your proactive nature, high level of energy, flexibility and resilience, whilst maintaining confidentiality, discretion and professionalism, will see you thrive in a role where you will work in collaboration with others to achieve shared goals.
Human Resources provides support and advice to all academic and professional staff relating to the attraction, selection, performance, development and remuneration of the University's workforce. It also oversees the development of its leadership and management and ensures the University complies with relevant workforce legislation. We play an integral role in supporting the University’s transformation agenda to meet our strategic goals.
The HR Client Services teams develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the University and its entities, providing support and advice to staff at all levels within the faculties and offices. Consultation with the HR specialist teams, including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Health and Safety, Organisation and Staff Development and Payroll ensures optimal advice and service delivery, implementation of initiatives and programs aimed at improving HR service and /or meeting specific organisational needs, goals and strategies.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Providing advice and support to clients on a broad range of HR issues, particularly recruitment and selection and performance management processes.
- Demonstrated experience in organisational design including work analysis, job design, job analysis and evaluation.
- Providing advice and developing client focused solutions through the interpretation and application of Enterprise Agreements, HR policies and processes.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and relevant specialist HR teams to achieve positive client outcomes.
This position requires a criminal history check.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description
Position Description: HR Consultant_HEW 7.pdf
General Enquiries: Lizzy Nguyen, HR Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday, 6 April 2020 at 11.55pm (AEDT)
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.