- Salary Package: From $122,653 to $129,541 per annum (HEW Level 9), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, continuing role
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
The Applications Support team within Information Technology has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and highly experienced Data Modeller/Engineer to join the team to design, model, develop and optimise data solutions to meet the business needs of the University.
You will be advanced in database modelling and optimisation with a strong track record in the management of data and their integration between systems, as well delivering and supporting technical solutions.
You are passionate about all things data and their ability to inform decisions and transform business outcomes. You are self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to take initiative and be ready to hit the ground running in this role.
The Application Support team within Information Technology is responsible for supporting, maintaining, rationalising and retiring Applications used to support the University and its associated entities.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we have grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet the selection criteria below:
- Experience in analysing, modelling and interpreting large and complex data, with the ability to integrate data from multiple sources and technologies.
- Experience with data integration tools sets including but not limited to Oracle ODI and Golden Gate, and Oracle Databases running in an Exadata platform.
- Building data acquisition and ingestion routine by using existing design patterns build in Python/Windows.
- Performing data analysis required to troubleshoot and resolve data related issues, and making recommendations to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Write, test, and validate data transformation and ETL routines within Python.
- Gather, process, transform and model raw data from disparate sources and third parties.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining data pipelines and data models, including the migration of existing datasets to new architectures.
- Designing and updating user guides, technical specifications and process flow documents for all applications and tools.
*This position requires a criminal record check.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Data Modeller_Applications Services_IT
Role-specific Enquiries: Mark Pontifex, Applications Support Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Lizzy Nguyen, HR Officer via email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55pm (AEST)
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.