- Salary Package: from $95,866 - $103,939 p.a. plus employer’s superannuation of 13.5% and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, Fixed term (up to 6 months)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
This role oversees the coordination and provision of support for student placements across the Faculty’s education courses. The incumbent of this role will also be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of relationships with new and existing placement partners and be responsible for developing and implementing systems and processes for the smooth delivery of placement activities.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Overseeing the student placement allocation process
- Stakeholder relationship development and management
- Oversee the implementation of SONIA across the Faculty courses.
- Working with Health and Safety to implement risk assessment and mitigation protocols across our placement courses.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description here: Student Placement Support Coordinator_PD.docx
You will ideally have experience in a similar role within the Higher Education sector. With a strong customer service focus you will be responsive and supportive in your responses to academic leads, students, and placement providers. You will build strong relationships, solving problems as they arise and supporting them administratively. You will have experience in using SONIA and ideally have been involved with the establishment of new medical, clinical or health schools. You will have excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to deescalate stressful situations. High attention to detail is essential.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate (2-page maximum) cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Sound understanding of placement coordination including an ability to use placement or student management systems, particularly within a clinical setting.
- A working knowledge of policies and standards as required by organisations such as NSW Health, AHPRA, HETI or similar other organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a complex organisation using judgement, creativity and initiative to solve problems.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders together with demonstrated cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Understanding of risk assessment and management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to adapt style and approach according to audience.
- Experience using SONIA will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
This position requires a criminal record check.
Specific Role Enquiries: Rachael Rotton, Education Administration Coordinator, on 9850 4530 or at Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator, at email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 3rd June 2020 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.