- Salary Package: From $95,866 to $103,939 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
The Property department is currently seeking a suitably qualified Team Leader Electrical to join the team.
Reporting to the Facilities and Operations Manager, you will:
- Liaise with, brief, agree terms of service delivery, supervise and sign off external contractors and suppliers performing electrical works.
- Review, optimise and manage the workforce management plan by reducing the reliance on contractor engagement by auditing works and optimising resource usage.
- Identify and review existing systems and capability, processes and workflows to support implementation of strategy and continuous improvement in the delivery of efficient, client-focused electrical services.
- Provide expert advice to the Projects team through key insights into aspects of the electrical trade data record requirements to deliver systems that can be readily supported.
You will provide operational and strong leadership skills to the Electrical team and manage a range of enquiries of electrical, mechanical maintenance and installation task in a fast-paced environment. You will manage work delegation, workflows and processes to deliver quality and timely maintenance services across the University and associated entities.
You will be highly self-driven, quality focused and be a team leader and player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and can efficiently meet deadlines. You will deliver active and specialist support to the Property Customer Services to investigate, fault find and report issues in response to customer complaints and enquires.
The Property division aims to transform Macquarie’s University vision in emerging a vibrant, sustainable, inspirational, and collaborate campus to develop new facilities and operations to enhance property aspirations through its main channels being Development, Property Project and Asset Management.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- A current Supervisor trade licence linking to the position
- A sound knowledge of the Australian Standards linked to the position
- Experience in contractor and staff supervision
- Experience in technical support and interpretation of complex wiring systems
- Experience Programmable Logic Control fault finding and programming
- Experience in generator backup systems and automatic transfer switching of medium voltage power.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Team Leader - Electrical PD.pdf
Enquiries: Alan Vidler, Facilities and Operations Manager at email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 5 June 2020 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.