Trade Services Manager
Job no: 508044
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: From $122,653 – $129,541 p.a. (HEW Level 9), plus 17% employer's superannuation contribution and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
Our Property Division is seeking a qualified and highly experienced Trade Services Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Facilities and Operations Manager, you will:
- Develop and manage building maintenance strategies and schedules to optimise the quality and lifespan of the University and associated entity buildings and assets.
- Oversee the core function of the work of the trades to ensure compliance of quality and minimum standards of job requirement, including developing maintenance schedules against individual trades work pipeline to effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Provide operational leadership in day-to-day running of the Building Maintenance team by directing workload and workflow management processes to deliver quality and timely maintenance services across the University and associated entities.
- Identify and review existing systems and capability, processes and workflows to support implementation of building maintenance strategy and continuous improvement in the delivery of efficient, client-focused building maintenance services.
- Develop process and collaborate with Project and Asset Managers to transfer building maintenance for new builds from Project Management to Asset Management.
- Understand the fundamentals of each trade and their tasks to analyse trade and contractor competency, performance and delivered reports.
You will have proven experience in successfully managing multiple trades within a busy and complex organisation, as well as in managing and coaching a large team to deliver excellent service. You have the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders, external suppliers and contractors. You thrive in busy and fast-paced environments and demonstrate strong technical knowledge across a range of systems, equipment and trade services.
The Property Division supports the University in achieving its learning, teaching and research goals through providing planning, development and maintenance services for all University buildings and infrastructure as well as providing a growing commercial property investment portfolio through development and/or acquisition and managing the same.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Relevant qualifications and technical experience in Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Safety trades services.
- Knowledge of compliance, standards and statutory requirements associated with varying building types and equipment.
- Extensive technical experience with proven success in managing complex operations and delivering strong financial outcomes.
- Experience in working through the selection and procurement of contractors.
- Providing technical advice and recommendations for a range of systems, equipment and services including: Electrics LV systems, HVAC systems, BMS control, Plant control systems, Fire protection equipment and systems, Chiller and boiler plant equipment, Water systems (grey water, portable and non-portable)
*This position requires a criminal history check.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Trade Services Manager_PD
General Enquiries: Alan Vidler, Facilities and Operations Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday, 4 August 2020 at 11.55pm (AEST)
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now