Exciting and unique opportunity in an innovative and progressive environment
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B), From $105,992- $125,405 p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department of Chiropractic is seeking to appoint a highly qualified teaching-intensive academic as Lecturer (Level B). The successful candidate will have a strong track record of teaching excellence and leadership in evidence-based chiropractic technique education. This new continuing role is in Macquarie University’s Teaching & Leadership Job Family
The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths across chiropractic education streams, have reviewed, developed and convened teaching curriculum, and will have successfully delivered key chiropractic units at undergraduate and graduate level. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong advocacy for evidence-based teaching approaches, be able to incorporate psychomotor skill acquisition principles into educational design and will demonstrate a commitment to incorporating contemporary research into education content. The successful appointee will promote the department and faculty within the academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally, as well as make a meaningful contribution to the Faculty’s teaching, program development and service at a national level.
This role is focussed on enhancing the organisation and delivery of learning and teaching, and improving the student experience. The emphasis of this role is on pedagogic innovation, evidence-based teaching practice, governance and leadership across the University, and strong leadership of academic programmes and activities. The successful applicant will have developed innovative and impactful approaches to teaching in both the classroom and online learning environments.
You are a registered chiropractor in Australia and have completed a Master of Education or can demonstrate the equivalent teaching experience. You will have developed innovative and impactful approaches to teaching in both the classroom and online learning environments connecting discovery with curriculum. Your collaborative approach to working with others will ensure you perform effectively within an inter-disciplinary environment.
You are an excellent communicator with a proactive nature and are flexible and resilient in your approach. You are an advocate for the promotion of evidence-based practice in the chiropractic profession. If you hold these qualities, then this is a role you will thrive in and a team you will enjoy being a part of.
You will be aligned with Macquarie University’s longstanding commitment of advancing equity and diversity principles. Your proven track record of developing trust, building commitment, modelling core university values and fostering an environment of collaboration, innovation and excellence will enable you to succeed in this role.
The Department of Chiropractic delivers a highly successful, evidence-based and accredited teaching program that educates students in the clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic skills required for registration as a chiropractor. The Department, program and staff have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and aim to continuously improve and refresh their approach to teaching. The Department has a strong commitment to a musculoskeletal research program, as well as service to the profession and the community. For further information about the Department of Chiropractic, please click here.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Registered chiropractor with the Chiropractic Board of Australia.
- Master of Education, or equivalent teaching experience.
- A strong track record of delivering high quality, evidence-based, and innovative learning and teaching in chiropractic technique and manual therapy skills. This includes the design, delivery and management of lectures, tutorials and assessment at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader of teaching teams
- A demonstrated understanding of scholarly teaching with evidence of implementation of alternative and flexible learning modes.
- Excellent communication and people skills including the ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds and to represent the Department and Faculty to external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within university systems, committee and board structures including participating in the intellectual life and administration of the department, faculty and university levels.
- Demonstrated track record of building trust, nurturing, supporting, mentoring and ensuring the professional development of academic and professional staff.
- A PhD in a health-related discipline
- A strong track record of high-impact publications in both national and international journals in the area of musculoskeletal health.
- Demonstrated engagement in independent scholarship and professional activities in the chiropractic profession
Specific Role Enquiries: Rosemary Giuriato, Head of Department and Director of Clinics: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9850 6992
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer: email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 4th October 2020 at 11:55pm
Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions applications for this position are only being accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.