- Salary Package: From $103,233 - $114,870 (HEW Level 8) plus employer’s 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full Time
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The newly formed Applied BioSciences is seeking a talented, proactive and highly skilled individual to partner with the Head of Applied Biosciences to provide leadership for the day to day running of this research driven partnership unit. This important position will also provide professional advice and support across Applied BioSciences operations and partnerships.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Take a lead role in the establishment and implementation of Applied BioSciences operations.
- Manage and/or coordinate all aspects of the establishment of Applied BioSciences and it’s operations including governance, finance and budgets, reporting, marketing and outreach, infrastructure and space, resourcing and communications and ensure they align to existing MQ and Faculty frameworks, policies and practices.
- Provide strategic advice to the Head, Faculty General Manager and Faculty Stakeholders on Applied BioSciences activities.
- Identify, build and maintain strategic relationships with partners, government and industry, working closely to explore and develop collaborations. Provide expertise, advice and support to academic departments wanting to leverage Applied Biosciences relationships.
- Provide general business support services, including developing business plans, business cases and applications for funding, managing and coordinating projects undertaking contract negotiations and liaise with MQ university support services to progress and deliver operational and project outcomes.
- Manage the budget preparation and submission process, and oversee the regular input, review, reporting and tracking of the budget – operating and project.
Within the Faculty of Science & Engineering, Applied BioSciences is a newly formed research driven partnership unit which builds upon an existing multi-million-dollar research portfolio and includes multiple appointments co-funded by partners including CSIRO, Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS), NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI) among others.
It’s aim is to contribute as a world leader in translational research that draws on and applies diverse disciplines such as entomology, microbiology, biotechnology, traditional genetics, synthetic biology, chemical ecology, marine science, and physiology to address major national and global biological challenges in Food production, the Environment and Disease vectors affecting human, plant and animal health.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a cover letter which addresses the Selection Criteria below:
- A degree in Business Administration and/or relevant experience with advanced knowledge of the higher education sector
- Demonstrated financial management knowledge and experience including budget preparation, reporting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated experience planning and allocating physical and human resources to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven management/leadership experience and skills and the demonstrated ability to nurture and develop individual and team performance (including through change)
- Demonstrated ability to lead process improvement initiatives by reviewing procedures, making recommendations and implementing and communicating outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in higher education, in particular in research administration and grant funding
Role Enquires: Phil Taylor, Distinguished Professor and Head, Applied BioSciences via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2 9850 1311
Application close: Sunday 23 February 2020 at 11:55pm EST
For further information please refer to the Position Description.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.