Research Assistant, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Job no: 507146
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Research Assistant, Education/Training
- Salary Package: $72,473 to $82,399 (HEW Level 5) plus 9.5% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time fixed term, for twelve months.
Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are seeking talented and enthusiastic research assistant to support the work of the Centre. The role will include a range of research support activities including: support in preparation of ethics applications; grant applications; presentations; performance of narrative and systematic literature reviews. The successful applicant will work with Senior Academics of CHRIS. They will liaise with a range of academics, research and administrative staff as well as external stakeholders from all areas of the health sector.
You will have a background in a health-related field such as health services research, medical sciences, implementation science or psychology. You will have strong writing skills and be able to contribute to research papers. You will enjoy working both independently and as part of a team.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what’s possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale. The Faculty forms part of MQ Health, an integrated academic health sciences enterprise which incorporates Macquarie University Hospital and primary and speciality clinics. We have active research programs in neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. Our Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI), an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health and patient safety.
The Centre for Healthcare Resilience and Implementation Science (CHRIS) is part of the AIHI within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science and, has a successful track record of undertaking research and evaluation projects on health sector issues since 1991. Its core interest is to investigate issues of policy, governance and leadership in the health sector. It is involved in conducting original research into clinical governance issues, providing a scholarly capability by which to evaluate health sector policies, programs and projects, and contributing to undergraduate medical, postgraduate health services management, and public health and doctoral education.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated capacity to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Existing or developing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to prioritise different work demands
- Use of Excel
- Demonstrated skills and experience in conducting literature reviews (narrative and systematic), including the design of appropriate search strategies for interrogating online databases such as PubMed
- Demonstrable skills in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Endnote
- Demonstrable excellent oral, written, inter-personal and team communication skills
- Experience with statistical software packages
- Experience in preparing research publications
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Health Care System
- Experience in preparing human research ethics applications
- A post-graduate quality in a health-related field.
Enquiries: Dr Robyn Clay-Williams on email@example.com or Dr Gaston Arnolda on firstname.lastname@example.org, Stream Leads, Centre for Healthcare Resilience and Implementation Science, Australian Institute of Health Innovation.
Applications Close: Wednesday 12 February at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now