- Salary Package: From $103,233 to $114,870 (HEW Level 8), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Types: Full-time, 2 year fixed-term contract
This role within our PMO team is responsible for the development, construction, maintenance and testing of architectures – the databases and processing systems for key Enterprise Resource Planning implementation. Working in close collaboration with the Program Director, you will be the owner of data engineering tools and the subject matter expert of key source system tables for an enterprise resource planning implementation.
You will be highly experienced in managing and analysing large and complex data, including integrating data from multiple sources and technologies. Your strong track record of delivering solutions to complex technical and reporting issues for stakeholders, as well as working within a Lean Engineering Agile Environment, will set you up for success in this position.
You will be dynamic, enthusiastic and ready to hit the ground running in a team delivering IT transformations to the University.
Information Technology is a trusted business partner with an ethos of service but not subservience, and we pride ourselves in the application of a strong collaborative partnership approach to transformation across the University.
Within Information Technology, the Program Management Office provides greater senior level project governance capacity and capability to ensure successful project delivery and benefits realisation.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that addresses the following selection criteria:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience in computing science, software, quantitative, or related discipline.
- Experience in analysing, modelling and interpreting large and complex data, with a demonstrated ability to integrate data from multiple sources and technologies.
- Proven success in in delivering solutions to complex technical and reporting issues, and defining business requirements and translating these to reporting solutions to enable the business to make informed decisions.
- Solid experience in building RESTful APIs and microservices, e.g. with Flask.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Python, Apache Airflow, R, ETL and integration.
- Ability to communicate complex information to clients in an easy to understand manner.
*This position requires a Criminal History Check.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Data Engineer
Role-Specific Enquiries: Erica Newton, Associate Director, Project Management Office via firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Lizzy Nguyen, HR Officer via email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 29 January 2020 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.