- Salary Package: From the pro-rata equivalent of $93,986 to $101,901 (HEW Level 7), plus 9.5% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Fixed term contract (1 year), part time (3.5 days per week)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
This is a newly created role which is key to the delivery of the Centre for Emotional Health (CEH) suite of online products for clinical and research trials. We are looking for a project manager with a background in, or knowledge of, IT to develop systems, policies, and processes to streamline and optimise the performance of the platform that delivers the online therapy programs. This role will communicate with both the IT contractors who are providing the technical support, and research teams using the online programs to ensure maintenance and enhancements of the suite of online products are implemented effectively. It is key for this role to have, or develop, an understanding of clinical research principles and protocols, ideally in psychology, to understand how maintenance and enhancements may impact the users. This role will also oversee security audits and conduct, and action, risk assessments for the online programs. There is the opportunity to take on some project-based business development, all of which contribute to making this role a varied and exciting opportunity.
For more information about the role, please review the IT Systems Coordinator_PD.pdf
We see this role as being a convergence of both technical knowledge of IT and conceptual knowledge or experience in online learning and/or therapy. However, we understand that you may have a strength in one area, and we are willing to work with the right candidate to develop strength across both areas. Ideally you will have a background in IT and exposure or experience working with online education, training, or therapy. You will have a high level of organisation skills; the ability to analyse and synthesise information; project management experience; and excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
The Centre for Emotional Health concentrates on the understanding, treatment and prevention of anxiety, depression and related mental health problems. Internationally renowned for our research into anxiety, including several ‘world-first’ findings, we have a special focus on children and families but also conduct research that focuses on emotional disorders and wellbeing across the lifespan.
The CEH delivers a suite of online educational and therapy programs. CEH clients access these programs either as private clinical services or through participation in a range of research studies. It is essential that the platform that these programs are delivered through is maintained from an operational and cyber security perspective to international standards.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (2-page max) that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills and the ability to translate complex information into lay terms
- Demonstrated experience managing or coordinating the successful delivery of projects that involve tight deadlines tempered with flexibility in dealing with emerging issues
- Demonstrated experience working in environments involving online therapy; online education; or online training
- Proven understanding of global IT security standards, risk management principles, privacy legislation and clinical practice standards.
- Aptitude to understand clinical research principles and protocols in psychology including the application of the Australian Psychology Society Code of Ethics, Privacy Act and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act
- Demonstrated skill and experience building and managing relationships and partnerships
Enquiries: Dr Lauren McLellan, Director, CEH Online Programs, on email@example.com or (02) 9850 1463
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9850-8352
Applications Close: Wednesday 5th February 2020 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.