- Salary Package: From $103,914 - $122,947 p.a. (Level B) p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time fixed term position for 2 years
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are seeking an experienced Postdoctoral Researcher with specialist expertise in biomedical computing and imaging to contribute to a research project investigating in cardiovascular and cerebrovascular heamodynamic researches based on patient specific medical images. You will work closely with the cardiologist team to perform cardiovascular haemodynamic research, and work with group of biomedical engineering to perform aneurysm haemodynamic simulation, software development, and establish database for AI study.
This role includes responsibility for:
- Conducting research in the computer aided diagnosis of cardio/cerebral vascular diseases;
- Developing cutting edge algorithms for automatic localization of vascular disease lesion;
- Developing cutting edge algorithms for automatic segmentation and 3D reconstruction of cardio/cerebral vasculature;
- Developing cutting edge medical imaging and simulation software;
- Integrating cutting edge algorithms written in Python or Matlab into C++ based software;
- Developing sophisticated GUI by using Qt;
- Developing cutting edge algorithms for virtual surgery simulation; and
- Submit manuscripts for publication in journals and presentation in conferences, write grants, and support manuscript and grant writing efforts.
You will have a PhD in medical imaging, computer vision or a closely related field with a sound academic track record and research skills. You will have a demonstrated programming skill, problem solving and analytical skills. You will bring to the role knowledge of image processing and segmentation algorithms; C ++ (or Python); and Qt and GUI development. You will have strong communication and teamwork skills.
Ideally, you will also be familiar with VTK/ITK/DCMTK and have experience with computer vision; software development; and/or blood vessel segmentation.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what’s possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale. The Faculty forms part of MQ Health, an integrated academic health sciences enterprise which incorporates Macquarie University Hospital and primary and speciality clinics. We have active research programs in neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. Our Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation, an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health and patient safety.
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is committed to improving patient health through world-class fundamental and translational medical research. We conduct research in biomedical engineering, applying engineering principles to medical problems by working with clinicians to analyse medical procedures and diseases with the aim of translating them into innovative new medical devices in support of the diagnosis and clinical treatments to cerebral and vascular diseases.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- PhD in medical imaging, computer vision or a closely related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in image processing and segmentation algorithms.
- Demonstrated programming skill including experience in C++ and/or python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to produce scientific reports and publish in quality high impact journals.
- Proven ability to conduct research independently and as part of a team
- Experience with computer vision (desirable)
- Experience with software development (desirable)
- Experience with blood vessel segmentation (desirable)
- Experience with Qt and GUI development (desirable)
- Knowledge of VTK/ITK/DCMTK (desirable)
You must already have legal working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Qian (Itsu) Sen, at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 9th February 2020 at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.