Casual Research Assistant
Job no: 507447
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Research Assistant, Academic - Research Only / Fellowship
- Salary Package: Casual Professional Hew 5 from $49.61 – $56.40 per hour.
- Appointment Type: Casual, Approximately 2 days.wk for 5 months
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Applications are invited for the position of a casual Research Assistant on a casual contract to join a research team within Department of Health Systems and Populations. The successful applicant will contribute to a research project about building evidence to understand sustainable dietary practices in Australia.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Conduct literature searches and synthesise findings
- Develop and maintain a database of literature
- Assist in conducting focus groups: recruitment of participants, data collection and analysis
- Contribute to writing academic publications
- Perform research administrative tasks as required
You will have a strong interest in public health nutrition research and health promotion. You will have the ability to work as part of a team and independently. Also, you will bring strong administration, organisational skills and communication skills (written and verbal).
The Department of Health Systems and Population is the newest department within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. We aim to build world class programs and undertake research relevant to 21st century population health needs and practice. Our commitment to Macquarie University's teaching, research, and indigenous strategies, and being a part of MQ Health, the University’s Health Sciences Centre, upholds our vision to 'heal, learn, discover', and makes our Department a vibrant place to study, research and work.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate (2-page maximum) cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
Essential and expected skills
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant health related discipline (public health, nutrition, psychology)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting literature reviews (e.g. scoping reviews, systematic literature reviews)
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative research
- Demonstrated intermediate – advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, EndNote, NVivo
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Rimante Ronto, project lead on email@example.com
Applications Close: Revised closing date 23 February 2020 time at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now