- Salary Package: From $95,866 to $103,939 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
The Property department is currently seeking a suitably qualified Team Leader Electrical to join the team. Reporting to the Facilities and Operations Manager, you will:
- Liaise with, brief, agree terms of service delivery, supervise and sign off external contractors and suppliers performing electrical works.
- Review, optimise and manage the workforce management plan by reducing the reliance on contractor engagement through auditing works and optimising resource usage.
- Identify and review existing systems and capability, processes and workflows to support implementation of strategy and continuous improvement in the delivery of efficient, client-focused electrical services.
- Provide expert advice to the Projects team through key insights into aspects of the electrical trade data record requirements to deliver systems that can be readily supported.
You will have strong operational and team management skills with the ability to manage a range of enquiries about electrical, mechanical maintenance and installation tasks in a fast-paced environment. You will manage work delegation, workflows and processes to deliver quality and timely maintenance services across the University and the associated entities, and provide active and specialist support to the Property Customer Services team to investigate, fault find and report issues in response to customer complaints and enquires.
You will be highly self-driven, quality focused, and be a team leader with a positive ‘can do’ attitude who can deliver to deadlines.
The Property division aims to transform Macquarie’s University vision in emerging a vibrant, sustainable, inspirational, and collaborate campus to develop new facilities and operations to enhance property aspirations through its main channels being Development, Property Project and Asset Management.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- A current Supervisor trade licence linking to the position.
- Knowledge of the Australian Standards linked to the position.
- Experience in supervising a team and contractors.
- Experience in providing technical support and interpreting complex wiring systems.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Control fault finding and programming.
- Experience in generator backup systems and automatic transfer switching of medium voltage power.
**Please do not apply for this position if you have recently applied for the same role with the University**
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Team Leader - Electrical PD.pdf
Enquiries: Alan Vidler, Facilities and Operations Manager at email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday, 21 September 2020 at 11:55pm (AEST)
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.