Clinical Trials Coordinator
Job no: 507850
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Allied Health, General Operations
- Salary Package: From $85,148 p.a.to $93,989 (HEW Level 6), plus 13.25% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term position for 12 months.
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are seeking a suitably qualified professional for the position of Clinical Trials Coordinator to support clinical trials for patients with neurological diseases including Motor Neurone Disease and Parkinson’s Disease. The successful applicant will work with the Professor, Neurology, the Neurology team and the Faculty’s clinical trials team and will be responsible for the conduct of clinical trial protocols and the promotion of the health and wellbeing of the patients, including those undergoing new therapies for Neurological Diseases.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description
You will be a passionate and empathetic individual with a strong focus on patient care. You will have an established understanding of clinical trials protocols, processes and a solid understanding of research ethics and governance in a clinical research setting, Your experience will see you within working with or understanding neurological diseases such as Motor Neurone Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
Working closely with investigators, nurses and other professionals both within the clinical trials team and externally, you will be tactful, resilient and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills.
The Macquarie University Clinical Trials Program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences was set up in January 2013 to provide patients with opportunities to participate in the latest medical advances in cancer treatment. The Program has since continued to grow with research into a range of therapeutic areas drawing from the University’s research centres and works closely with industry sponsors to deliver timely access to cutting-edge therapies and investigations into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of diseases. The Clinical Trials Program is strategically placed within a unique academic health environment co-located on campus, which encompasses Macquarie University Hospital (Australia’s only university-owned and operated hospital), private outpatient clinics and the medical research undertaken within the Faculty.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the selection criteria below in a separate document and upload the document as part of the application process.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, medical science, allied health or related discipline
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a clinical research setting, preferably with experience in working with or understanding neurological diseases such as Motor Neurone Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Demonstrated experience in Clinical Trial data management and data entry – both paper-based and electronically
- Knowledge of medical terminology, GCP guidelines and other relevant clinical trial regulatory procedures
- Experience taking and processing patient samples and venepuncture skills
- Demonstrated Patient-centred philosophy with commitment to the principles of confidentiality, discretion and respect.
- Experience working in a hospital or clinical environment
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description here: Clinical Trials Coordinator, Neurology_6_July2018.pdf
Specific Role Enquiries: Richard Gan, Clinical Trials Coordinator on email@example.com
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 26 July 2020 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Note: This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with Macquarie University health requirements. You may also have to satisfy Macquarie University that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now