- Salary Package: From $105,992 to $125,405 p.a. (Academic – Level B), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time continuing
- Contribute to research, learning and teaching training programs
- Work with leading academics
- Supportive and innovative working environment
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Higher Degree Research Training and Partnerships (PVC HDRTP) oversees research training at Macquarie University, working in collaboration with faculties and the University’s broader research community to deliver an exceptional experience for Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates.
The Academic Director, HDR is responsible for ensuring the quality of HDR supervision available to candidates in Macquarie University's Research Training Programs, which include the PhD and related doctoral programs, the Master of Philosophy and Master of Research.
The PVC HDRTP Office is seeking an experienced and dynamic academic to design, develop and implement its Supervision Enhancement Program (SEP). The SEP involves a program of induction and refresher workshops, which equip academic staff to be research training supervisors. Fulfilment of requirements for the SEP is mandatory for staff to be eligible to supervise and to be listed on the Macquarie ‘Find my Supervisor’ website.
There is a scope for the SEP to be further developed to include more university-wide colloquia, faculty-based workshops as well as faculty and department-focused supervision development projects. The successful applicant will also work with the Academic Director, HDR to develop policy and practice, particularly in relation to innovative supervision strategies, supervision registration and the University's supervision information website (https://staff.mq.edu.au/research/hdr-supervision).
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who is passionate, engaged and determined to make a difference.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (no more than 2 pages) that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- A PhD, or equivalent research qualification/experience in a discipline relevant to the focus of the position
- Demonstrated experience in research training, and/or learning and teaching in higher education
- Track record in contributing to innovative practices in higher education
- Excellent teamwork, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of the Australian higher education system and policy environment, especially in regard to research, research training and research supervision
- Excellent experience in the use and development of on-line platforms
- Strong research publication record, research potential or equivalent professional experience in higher education.
Enquiries: Jennifer Cornish, Academic Director, HDR & Professor in the Department of Psychology via email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 11:55pm (AEST)
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.