- Remuneration: HEW 3, $40.29 p/hr
- Appointment type: Casual
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Macquarie Business School (MQBS) has a number of opportunities for Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Facilitators.
Applications are invited from current students enrolled in MQBS programs to lead groups of up to 20 students in PAL sessions in 2021. These roles will be undertaken under the supervision of the PAL Coordinator/Supervisor.
Positions are available in the following units:
ACCG1000: Accounting in Society
ACCG1001: Accounting and Governance
ACCG2000: Management Accounting
ACCG2024: Financial Accounting and Reporting
ACCG2050: Information Systems and Business Processes
ACCG2051: Business and Corporations Law
ACST1001: Finance 1A
ACST2001: Financial Modelling
AFIN1002: Finance 1B
AFIN2053: Financial Management
ECON1020: Principles of Economics 1
ECON1021: Principles of Economics 2
ECON2003: Microeconomics Analysis and Applications
MGMT1002: Principles of Management
MKTG1001: Marketing Fundamentals
MKTG2002: Marketing Research
ACCG6011: Principles of Accounting
ACST6003: Principles of Finance
MMBA8035: Financial Management
MMBA8040: Accounting for Management
MMBA8160: Information and Decision Analysis
Only apply if you satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Current enrolment in an undergraduate, postgraduate or MBA degree in the Macquarie Business School at Macquarie University
- Achievement of a Distinction or High Distinction grade in the nominated unit listed above during your studies at Macquarie University
- Maintain an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (on the 4.0 grade scale) or 5.25 (on the 7.0 grade scale) or approximately 68.5 WAM
- Completion of at least 8 units for an undergraduate degree and completion of 2 units for a postgraduate and MBA degrees by end of 2020
- Must be available for compulsory 14 hours (2 days) training in mid Feb 2021 (date TBC – usually during O Week)
- Must be enrolled at MQ in 2021 preferably for the entire year without any plans for exchange programs or internships. Applicants must state their expected graduation date in their cover letter
Selection Criteria (must outline all points below in your cover letter – limit of 2 pages – attach latest transcript as a separate document):
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to other students and have a variety of life and work experiences
- Have a positive outgoing attitude with a commitment to excel
- Have an understanding of Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) objectives
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Have the ability to work effectively without supervision and as part of a team
- Responds positively to feedback and guidance
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be entered onto the MQBS PAL Facilitator Database and will be contacted directly where there is an appropriate match of their skill base, disciplinary background, availability, and demand. Inclusion in the database does not imply that employment is guaranteed.
For further information regarding the responsibilities of the position, please view the position description:
PAL Facilitator PD Sep20.pdf.
Enquiries: For further information about this position please contact Ammy Kwong on firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about PAL program, please visit: https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/peer-assisted-learning
Applications Close: For sessions commencing in 2021 applications will close on 30th of September 2020.
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.